YUSAPUY is recruiting candidates for the role of 2nd Vice President
The 2nd Vice-President is one of the three full-time, paid officers of the union. The role of 2nd Vice-President is now vacant and subject to elections.
For those interested in running for office, please attend one of the drop-in information sessions offered:
Tuesday, February 6, 2024, at
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. OR
1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
YusApuy 2nd Vice-President Terms of Reference:
As per Article IV Section 2c of the Constitution; the Second Vice-President shall be a full-time elected Officer. The Second Vice President shall be subject to the authority of the President, the First Vice-President, the Executive Board and the constitution; and shall be responsible along with the President:
* for relations with bodies external to the University;
* shall assist the First Vice-President as required;
* shall be responsible for the due and proper administration of the Constitution;
* shall be a non-voting ex-officio member of and shall oversee all Committees unless otherwise specified.
* The Second Vice-President shall, in the absence of both the President and the First Vice-President, be the acting President.
* The Second Vice-President may be subject to reasonable requirements of insurability and/or bondability as determined by the Executive Board.
* The Second Vice-President shall be paid by the Union, while holding office, at a salary commensurate with the position, but not less than his/her normal salary rate.
YusApuY Elections Policy
A candidate statement will be required. Please see the criteria and deadline for the statement below.
Please note: Candidate Statement template guidelines must be followed:
* Maximum length of 2 pages
* Previous roles in the Union (if any)
* Qualifications/Training for committee position
* No hate speech/derogatory comments about other candidates
Please note: All Candidates Statements must be sent to:firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:00 pm on February 13, 2024 – NO EXCEPTIONS.