Summer 2018 Newsletter
It looks like the theme of this newsletter is that Spring has finally sprung — let’s hope Mother Nature keeps up her end of the bargain! Originally, we had planned on sending this out in June so it would be a true ‘Summer’ edition, but decided it was more important to get this distributed while the May reports were still fresh. Bonus: you’ll be able to check all the updates before folks leave for their summer vacations!
- While we are still dreaming of summer nights, and on the off chance you’re still planning your adventures, be sure to check out YUSAPUY’s Rewards Program Page where all sorts of discounts are listed and available to take advantage of.
- If you happen to spend your Summer doing something great and /or unusual — maybe a trip, maybe a project, maybe something else — and would like to share the story with your fellow YUSAPUY members, please get in touch! We’d love to have your story submission for our Fall Newsletter (in September).
Otherwise, we hope to see you at the BBQs and drop-in events over the next while — see below for dates!
Happy reading 😀
According to YUSAPUY’s constitution, all committees & officers are required to report on their activities twice a year, once in May and again in November. The following are the May reports as submitted:
- 1st Vice-President (including updates from the Bargaining Committee)
- 2nd Vice-President (including updates from the Job Evaluation Committee)
- Communication Committee
- Constitution & Policy Committee
- Grievance Committee
- Health & Safety Committee
- Nominations Committee
- Bargaining Committee specific drop-in sessions (Keele): May 17
- Glendon BBQ: June 18
- Keele BBQ: June 19 & 20
Full details to follow. See Calendar for all Event listings.
The following people have joined YUSAPUY since the Spring Newsletter:
Christian Quan Kep
Pak Lun Ng
Interesting Nuggets from Around the Web
- Cool: study reveals the number of hours it takes to make a friend;
- It’s time for some spring cleaning! 7 tips for clearing your office clutter;
- Tired of the same old icebreakers? Here’s 25 icebreaker questions for team-building at work; and one more that’ll get you thinking;
- Believe it or not, too much experience can be worse than not enough;
- How much single-use plastic do you use in a week? 4 writers were challenged to find out;
- Prefer to sleep-in than to make breakfast? Here’s 25 breakfast recipes to make the night before;
- After the arrests at the Philadelphia Starbucks, there’s been a lot of talk about whether or not people are implicitly biased. Studies show that yes we are, and it matters;
- The Cambridge Analytica data scandal has many people rethinking their use of social media. Here’s some tips on how to get back your online privacy without ditching the internet;
- Trying to be less attached to your smartphone? Here’s 5 ways to counter your phone ‘addiction’; if you’re more concerned about what you’re seeing/reading/hearing, here’s some ways to balance your media diet out;
- And finally, if you just want to mellow out, here’s some oh-so-satisfying visual symmetry.
Do you have questions for one of your YUSAPUY reps? Check out the Contact Us section for info on how to get in-touch.
Care to get in-touch with the Communications Committee about this or future Newsletters? Got something to submit for our September issue? Email us at: email@example.com.